Getting a site to appear on the first page of Google search results, I’ll call it SERP1 can make a website owner a lot of money. There are two ways to do it:
- Organically – Your site rises in the rankings using SEO techniques. This can take a lot of time, and be expensive if you have to pay someone to do it.
- Paid Placement – You outbid everyone else for a set of keywords to appear on SERP1. This can get very expensive.
I prefer to do it organically.
The more competitive the keywords, the harder it is to get to SERP1
This makes sense right?
Competition is usually directly related to the amount of money people can make in the market.
If there is big money associated with a set of keywords, it is going to take some time, and a unique approach to get to SERP1.
I have ranked multiple sites, and appeared on SERP1 in some highly competitive markets. Think sports, sports betting, DFS, and gaming.
I owned SERP1 through SERP3 for a product, other people started creeping in, I countered and knocked them out. I even crushed the vendor at their own SEO game, so they bought my sites and hired me to consult to them.
No blackhat/greyhat techniques, I just provide better content which translates to value for my readers.
Give the people what they want, and they will reward you with loyalty.
I can tell you one thing for damn sure, people are sick and tired of bullshit pages on SERP1. Google is working hard to tweak their algorithms, but the “SEO community” works hard to find ways to get shit ranked.
Here are the top 3 things you can do to improve your odds of getting a page to SERP1:
- Write good content on your chosen subject. Don’t overwhelm people with bullshit. Make your pages valuable: give people information they can use.
- Get your readers to share your content on social platforms (Twitter, Facebook, IG).
- Select a domain name that contains keywords you want to rank for.