Local SEO is more than just keyword stuffing your web pages with the name of your town, the name of your business, and the service or product that you offer. This technique worked just fine in the early days of SEO, but now there are many more factors involved.
Local Search Engine Optimization is the art of optimizing content across your website, and social media accounts, to get in front of the people that live in your community. It is a super competitive, trendy service that a ton of people, mostly n00bs, are promoting on Craigslist.
What is different about local SEO?
One of the key differentiators between “local SEO” and “Plain Ol’ SEO” is that with local SEO you want to make sure your business name, location data, and hours are correct. There are several tools that enable the automated update and correction across the major aggregators, search engines, directories, and apps that matter most to your customers.
Other than that, SEO is SEO. Don’t let anyone bullshit you into thinking otherwise.
I’ve helped local business owners in the Fredericksburg and Stafford, Virginia area make money by optimizing their websites and social media accounts.
Do review sites play a factor local SEO?
Review sites are definitely a good way to get noticed, and you’ll likely have to play the game. You can either monitor sites manually (Yelp, Tripadvisor, etc.) or use a tool help you. Monitoring reviews is critical to control your online reputation.
I will help you pick out the best tool to meet your local SEO requirements.
I love organic search as a primary inbound marketing stream.
Why? Because It only costs money once.
Google search is the king when it comes to inbound marketing – paid placements (Google, Facebook, Twitter, IG) are good for brand awareness, but aren’t as effective in the long game.
Travis Hubbard – Fredericksburg VA SEO and Online Marketing
I believe in letting tools do the heavy lifting when it comes to local SEO for two reasons:
- They are purpose built, provide incredible value, and your competitors are using them. With some training, you can use these tools yourself saving you a ton money and getting results better than any “Local SEO professional” will get on his own. In all likelihood, the local SEO person you hire will use these tools anyway.
- I can spend my time growing your business using professional SEO techniques.
What bring to the game?
Google loves really good content, and you have to be creative to make a move up the Google search engine result pages (SERPs) against your competitors. I’ve been selling stuff online since 2003 and I know how to get pages ranked by Google.
To climb the SERPs, you need on keywords and keyword phrases specific to your business, industry, and local area.
- I’m passionate about helping people use the internet to increase sales, regardless of their experience in online marketing.
- I’ll boost your online marketing efforts by exposing you to the tools and techniques used by the pros.
- I will build you an online asset that will deliver results.
- No shortcuts or stupid SEO games – your online presence will not be put at risk.
I will help you reach a global market.
I’ve also helped businesses understand how they can move beyond their local area and start selling products and services online. Just because you’re a small business, in a small town, doesn’t mean that you can’t reach out and touch the global market that’s available to you on the internet.
How can you tell that I’m the best SEO in Fredericksburg, Virginia?
Because you found me in a super competitive market.
Don’t be fooled by all the results that appear when you search for a local SEO, most are agencies far removed from our local area.
I am a native Virginian, and have lived in Stafford since moving here from Fairfax in 1994.