I’m not talking about the old spammy shit that everyone used to try. If you’re not familiar with that method, it was where you would buy a list of email addresses from a broker, then send an unsolicited offer to them typically using a burner email address and hoping a few people would click through to your offer.
No, I’m talking about using an email list to get new customers and keep your existing ones coming back for more.
Email is the #1 way to stay in touch with your customers.
- They don’t need to come find you.
- They don’t need to hunt down specials.
- You don’t need to waste money on Facebook ads that they might not even see.
- You don’t need to waste money on Google Ads that are manipulated by your competition.
A newsletter delivered via email is magic.
And you can fit it into your usual content routine. You do publish content regularly right?
- Create a blog post every week. These posts are designed to inform your customers on some aspect of your business, an& industry trend, tips & tricks, etc. Every blog post includes a link for them to sign up for your list. I think of the posts I write on my blogs and the way to get new traffic, they are at the top of the funnel — using SEO and copywriting skills to drive people into your pipeline.
- Your monthly newsletter is a compilation of these weekly posts since they probably didn’t come to your website. Include a special offer or some incentive in your newsletter to move your customers to action.
- Substack or ConvertKit are the best tools for hosting your email list and using those services to distribute your monthly newsletter.
I can help you with this.
You can handle your own email marketing yourself using the steps I described above.
But if you’d rather focus on your business and let someone else do this for you I can help.